Week 1. (extra) Why are you taking this class?

 Why are you taking this class?

Sociology naturally occurs in people's lives. However, I didn't have many opportunities to think about what sociology is and how it works in our lives. As the title of this class, I was curious and wanted to learn about the sociology of everyday life. 

I am used to passive learning until I come to college, so I have a fear of active learning. But this class seems to have more active learning, so I think I can change myself from pursuing passive learning.


What PRACTICAL SKILLS do you expect to gain from attending it?

I just got information from Wikipedia, but I've never participated in Wikipedia myself. Through this class, I want to participate in writing in Wikipedia and get writing skills. I also want to know the power of collective intelligence that the professor mentioned in the first video.

Also, I think there is something to gain from exchanging opinions with each other. I usually find it difficult to put forward opinions or refute others' opinions, but I expect to gain the ability to comment freely in this class.


Comments

  1. I agree with you. I want to improve my writing skills by editing Wikipedia, too. Also, I want to develop the power to think for myself. I've always envied someone who articulates his opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week4) Review about my Interaction Assignment

Week4) Review about my Interaction Assignment